.

.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

{ DIY Coasters }

Happy Sunday & Father's Day to all the dads!! Today I'm just sharing a quick little DIY I finished a few weeks ago. I was getting sick of our coasters we had, but was too cheap to go buy new ones . I decided since very few coasters are 'cute' or would match our living room/ coffee table I would just re-do the ones I had! I ended up painting the coasters with the Annie Sloan chalk paint in  'Old Ochre' . After two coats of the Annie Sloan I rubbed some dry paint on the outer edge { brown} & some dry paint { blue} in the middle. I think they turned out nice for a quick little change & for free!!

Old Ochre which is the same color of our coffee table bottom.
**The dry rub paint pot colors can be purchased at Michaels for $2 a pot! 

 
The coasters before their refresher.
Side Note: These coasters are about 5 years old,loved them at one time but needed something different & they were beginning to discolor as well!

I just simply used an old plastic bag to paint them on in my craft room.

Second Coat!

Finished


Hope you all have enjoyed this simple project that could be custom to your home decor with a little paint & creativity !

Paige.Rose




.

09 10