Tuesday, August 12, 2014

{ Our cute little red barn/shed makeover }

Seems like it's been forever since I painted this cute little rustic shed ,or as I like to call it the little red barn. This barn was deemed to be scrapped & my husband loaded, yes loaded the whole thing into one of his work trailers. When he came home with it I thought oh, boy what in the world is this rusted piece of junk?! The shed/barn looked like The Grinch Stole Christmas sleigh hanging off the back of the trailer . It was funny ,but also kind of scary!! I got right to work on it after we picked some paint & trim colors out. It kind of grew on me & added to our storage behind our garage. I also thought it would be cute for the holidays ;)!





Basic tools you'll need..^
Side Note: The paint color is Behr Exterior paint in Candy Apple Red! The trim is white & we used exterior kilz!

This little shed ate the paint literally..2 gallons later!

The final coat drying... I wasn't thrilled with the end color at first. The next day the color had been hit by the sunlight & actually the pinky/red color subsided into a 'true barn red' !!

The pots were originally in front of our house & decided to move them back here. The galvanized tin,John Deere sign, and wreath are all thrift or garbage finds. The rustic flowers in the tin are from Dollar Tree.



I hope you enjoyed this little makeover, & remember anything can be cute with a little TLC & a vision! 

Paige.Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment