The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Thursday, September 4, 2014

{ Cuban sandwich my way - You'll love it !! }

Happy almost Friday! I'm sharing this quick & tasty makeover of the Cuban sandwich. My husband adores these tasty buggers & grew up on them as a youngster { his mom was Cuban } ! Needless to say he scarfed  down two before I could even photograph !


  • 1 package {4}  Hawaiian rolls { or more depending on amount you're feeding}
  • Good deli cheese -Havarti,Swiss ,or Muenster { I used Muenster}
  • Bacon or boiled ham/lunch meat { I used bacon }
  • Pickles of your choice { I used homemade garlic}
  • Spray butter
  • Dijon mustard
  • Mayo

Take a baking sheet & line it with foil. Open the rolls & place a piece of cheese on the top & bottom of each roll. Add 2-3 pickles on bottom of the roll,then place the ham or bacon over the pickles . Place another piece of cheese over the pickles & bacon/ham & close. Do this with each one & then spray the tops with cooking butter lightly. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 350! While you're waiting for the sandwiches , start on the dip!! Add 3 tablespoons mayo & 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard & stir lightly! 




 
Mmm homemade pickles courtesy of my mum!



 Side Note: Cook the bacon in the microwave for about 5 minutes on high before putting them on the sandwiches ! You want the bacon flimsy/soft ,but still cooked! If you put them on the sandwiches raw ,they won't cook enough & your sandwich will be burnt!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Paige.Rose
09 10