The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

{ My small bathroom revamp using chalk paint }

Hey, you guys! Hope you're having a great week thus far ! The weather has been unbelievable for Michigan, high 65 & sunny,I'll take that ANY DAY ! Although the weathers been perfect , I did want to complete this little project that I've been wanting to do for oh...lets say 6 months now! I've been wanting to paint my bathroom vanity & storage cabinet with some Annie Sloan Old Ochre chalk paint, & finally I did!

 

..Before..
Just a builder grade wood cabinet..



...............................................................................

..After..

I still don't 'like' the granite color variations,but for now it will do :)!


I decided to paint that white storage cabinet too! FYI- Painting this little cabinet was a  nightmare! It was cheap from Target almost three years ago { I just wanted a white cabinet } & I'm not sure what was on it,but the chalk paint would not stick & yes, I cleaned it before hand! I believe the laminate/particle board had a coat of something from the manufacturer on it...

Switched some little accessories around  as well!

Just filled the shelf with some rose soaps, Yankee candle ,cotton puffs, & q- tips!

This is definitely a small bathroom,but it's fresh & clean with a touch of cottage/glam..if that's a style ;)
Thanks for stopping by!



Paige.Rose






09 10