Tuesday, April 28, 2015

{ DIY Striped Dollar Store Bins }

A few months back I posted our spring bedroom with some vibrant corals, bright & bold floral pillows from +HomeGoods  & a plushy +IKEA USA coral throw! I mentioned in that post { I think } that doing such a bold makeover was a big change for me..as I usually opt for more neutral soft colors. So this weekend I decided to give our master a little face lift..again. I ended up switching out our bold accents for some simple rustic & neutral/chic  decor pieces with a pop of spring. The biggest change was painting our plastic Dollar Tree nightstand bins..They were plain white & I decided to give them a little lift with some Satin Ivory color spray paint! I love the way they turned out & for under $10!! 






Just some plain white bins..


I chose this color spray paint because It's what I had on hand & lets be honest it's my go to color in spray paint!! It's Satin Ivory!


I just taped the bins off with some regular painters tape. You can do any pattern, I liked this one...& it complimented the bin shape. Remember for a dollar & some $5 spray paint you virtually can't mess up! Go with it & have fun!!!


Let the paint dry ALMOST completely & remove the tape gently! 



I love how they turned out! They're neutral ,but add something to the little side nightstands!!


I hope you enjoyed this little DIY that cost close to nothing! I love how the stripes add a little appeal to the room without being to bold or busy looking!!  
Have a great rest of the week!

Paige.Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment