Saturday, May 30, 2015

{ Mason Jar Lamp Makeover }

Last weekend when we were in Lexington visiting my grams we went junking! If you know me then you'd know I like anything that is vintage,rustic,different or needs some TLC! I spotted this little mason jar lamp at one of my grams favorite little junkin shops in the town next to her { Croswell }! It's the cutest little shop & just as we were about to leave I spotted this lamp among many other treasures tucked away in a little corner. The tag said $15 & I offered $10 & got it! I know these are pretty common, but for $10 with the shade, & lighting kit  I couldn't pass it up. See what I did to this little gem below!!!

**Excuse the picture quality in this post ..sometimes when I'm working on a project or I'm in the moment photographing is an after thought ha-ha. Hey, we're keeping it real here right?! I mean, I'm a -Practical- blogger....Thanks for understanding guys!!










I really did like the before!! It reminded me of an eclectic farmhouse lamp, but unfortunately it didn't match for where I wanted it! I had a spare white shade, so all  left to do was DIY the mason jar bottom!!


There was no need to paint it perfectly as I was  going to distress it anyway ;)!!


I painted the whole mason jar in Americana Decor from +Michaels Stores  chalk paint in Everlasting & then sprayed the inside of the jar with some off white spray paint to take the coastal blue away! After all that was dry I went over the lettering lightly in the color Yesteryear & then went over that with a black Sharpe! After everything was dry I distressed the whole jar with a copper brush { Dollar Store } & then hit it with some dark wax  to age it a bit!! 


This was the simplest little DIY ever & I just love the cottage feel especially for summer! It's small enough & neutral enough to use in a few spots in our house which is always a bonus with anything decor related.

Have a great Sunday Funday loves!


Dolen Diaries

http://www.joyinourhome.com/your-turn-to-shine-link-party-35/
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment