Saturday, August 29, 2015

{ DIY Chalk Painted Cottagey Farmhouse Stool }

Heyyy!!! What an awesome start to the weekend today was..lots of projects, sister time, sun & fun at my grandma's adorable new home!! My heart is full today with love, joy & gratefulness that I've been blessed with a crazy/fun family, wonderful husband, cute fur babies & being able to do something I love!! Back to that last part..Today I started clearing stuff out for some fresh new fall decor, & worked on this cute little DIY stool my grams gave me the other night!! The family have been moving her in since last week & just taking in that she's back down in the city with us, not to mention in the CUTEST  most charming & cozy house!! While we were moving stuff out of boxes I spotted a little white granny chic stool that I knew I could turn into a cute cottagey/farmhouse gem!! I've been wanting one for a while now, but honestly I'm tooo cheap to splurge on from one of my favorite dealers, because I know Mark can find one for free while contracting. Anyways, I took it home that night & started painting it right away & then finished it up in the sun while the pibbles played & my sister finished a huge projects she's working on for the Grand Rapids float show { I can't wait to share that with you guys  soon too!!} !! 





.Before.

 

.After.


As you can see from the "Before" picture, it was painted white with little flowers on the edge detailing..I used  one coat of grey/blue chalk paint & then chalkboard paint I had laying around & did two coats. I then hit the edges with some potting bench green & some cream. I also used a bit of cream on the distressed parts!  After that dried over night I used some sand paper { by hand, not the palm sander} to distress some areas where  wear & tear would be most realistic on an aged farmhouse stool! 

Note: The brown glass bottles are all vintage thrift/garbage finds!!


I added some faux little drill/screw points & then just distressed them to blend in with the look.




I love how the cream & green pop through on the edges for that cottageyy/ garden look!! It's my new favorite piece & now to find a spot in the house..



I hope you all have a lovely weekend!! I can't believe September 1st is right around the corner..I feel behind on fall decor already ha. I always say once Sept 1st comes the holidays come so quick & that seriously makes me so happy!!  Are you all ready for fall??


See my gram's lake house & story here A Cottage Story & more..

No comments:

Post a Comment