The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Monday, September 14, 2015

{ Our 2015 Fall Mantel & more.. }

Hey guys! It seems like it's been awhile since I blogged anything..not like me, I know..Lots has been going on & it's been pretty fun & rejuvenating actually!!! If you read my last post I stated I wanted to slow down with life in a nutshell as we're always kinda two steps ahead..We've been just enjoying the simple pleasures in life & it's been wonderful! This past weekend we snugged allllll day together on the couch with some fall candles going , pups  & the wonderful cool breeze blowing threw our house..so nice! Sunday we attended a memorial for a family member & then did some reminiscing in the little lake town of Algonac {See my Instagram for some pictures --> Follow Me on Instagram! We enjoyed some water time just watching the sun sparkle across the bay & I reminisced about what seems like forever ago..actually it was..! Sometimes we lose track of the simple things in life.  We've also been having so much fun having my grams downstate with us!  My sis & I have been going on late night shopping adventures with her, rocking out to some country , hanging at her little ranch & just pestering her hahaha! I swear the fall brings out the best in me! The cooler & cozier temps, smells, air, fires & love the fall brings is everything to me...& bonus Christmas is right around the corner hehe..don't hurt me :) ! Anyways today I'm back & I shared via my Facebook Follow Me on Facebook! that I was doing  a  - Fall Home Series- this week & I'd be sharing different spots in our home decorated for fall & then Friday I'll be posting our full { Fall Home Tour }, so stick around PLEASE hehe!




I wanted to go with something a bit different then most this year..I got to thinking & something about owls & more of an earthy approach struck me. I've always been told that owls bring good luck & I had these two sitting in my decor room, so why not use them. Once I got to playing with things I decided to make these guys the main focus of this little mantel display & well it kinda took off haha!


How cute are these little hairy faux pumpkins from @Michaels?! I love them & searched everywhere for some pumpkins that looked cute, yet real & I didn't want the Target ones everyone else had! These fit perfect in these little +Target  copper & black lantern I picked up last year at the end of summer for $3 each!! If you can't tell I'm digging the mixed metal/industrial /rustic look this season..


I got all these pumpkins from Dollar Tree & just used some +The Home Depot +Rust-Oleum  spray paint!




The antlers were a free thrift find..& no we are not hunters!   The vintage books, crate , pine-cones and door knobs were all thrifty  or free finds!



I wanted to go more neutral indoors this year & add some color outside, but I had to throw in these beautiful orange blooms!! 


 I sure hope you guys enjoyed this little Fall Mantel of ours! I wanted something different & unlike everyone else, yet still neutral & I think I achieved that!! I hope you all will stick round for my little -Fall Home Series- this week!! 

So I'm curious what your favorite item to decorate with for fall is other then pumpkins..or what your favorite thing about fall is?! I love to read ALL your comments via  my social media, so don't forget to follow & catch up with me :)!!!  

Have a great rest of the week!

Paige.Rose

09 10