Tuesday, March 8, 2016

{ Farmhouse Dining Room Update & How To Get The Look..}

Oh hey Tuesday..I hope you guys are having a great start to the week so far!  I recently just switched around a bunch of stuff on our upper level including the living room & dining room decor... I wanted the dining room to have an authentic/comfy simple farmhouse feel, so I added some authentic pieces with some other changes...I know the rustic/vintage/farmhouse/cottage/ industrial style is super popular right now, but I wanted our dining room to be more authentic looking rather than have it look like I bought up the whole Target, Pottery Barn or HomeGoods etc...Great stores, but I try & stay thrifty as much as I can & that's just what I did in our dinging room with the exception of a few things.. Come see how I gave this space a cozy & semi authentic makeover with tips on how you can also..


. How to add F A R M H O U S E Charm .

  • Add Burlap for texture
  • Use vintage bottles/ glass
  • Display milk jugs/glasses
  • Vintage Signs
  • Eggs
  • Use rolling pins/baking utensils
  • Trays
  • Mason Jars
  • Crocks
  • Galvanized Buckets
  • Jute Rugs
  • Scales
  • Use wire baskets for storage
  • Display crates for storage or fillers
  • Anything vintage wood etc..

I had bought this picture from +HomeGoods  back in August & stuck it in our living room..I love it ,but hated it on that awkward wall I just blogged about yesterday {Spring Wall Decor }..So I moved it in here & LOVE it!! It gives just the right amount of color, but still that farmhouse appeal. I purchased this for under $35 frame & all!!


I tried to use all the farmhouse stuff we had in the garage etc.. because I knew we had quite a bit!! This little corner came together so nicely with some simple goods we already had from thrifting..The milk can, table, ladder & buckets were all free. The white cooks apron is vintage & was my great grandpa's & the pussy willows are from +Michaels Stores . The wood cutting board recipe holder is from +HomeGoods  as well!


I had these free bottles laying around & these vintage wire baskets , so I decided to use them..I mean they're vintage, free & so simple why not?! The eggs are faux from +Hobby Lobby  for under $2 a piece.


I love incorporating any type of vintage glass in the kitchen/dining..This spice rack, mason jars & more wire baskets were all free finds & the newer mason jars from our bathroom makeover { Vintage Farmhouse Bathroom Makeover } are from +Target



All the crocks were free finds too! The cabinet is from the 50's & was one of my first DIY projects back before blogging. It's my favorite piece still..maybe it will get a face lift soon eh?!


I love this little hutch!! My husband recently picked the matching side table buffet , so I'll be painting that sooon!!! I'm still not sure where it's going, but I love the simplicity of these...I mean 2 x 4's & some white paint - CHECK!!!



I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but I love vintage glass milk jugs! I don't know why but I sure do! I mixed in some old & new for some farmhouse charm. Adding milk jugs is one of the EASIEST ways to add farmhouse charm. Michaels sells mini ones for like $2 !!



Adding any type of burlap , wire baskets or glass can add instant farmhouse charm.



Seriously how cute are those eggs??



That "herb" sign was my very first sign I ever made I believe..I love it still & made it for under $10!!



I love adding crates to a space too. They're great fillers & add that rustic/ vintage look. I have 3-4 of them from the north. My parents picked them up for dirt cheap a few summers back in Traverse City! 





I hope you guys enjoyed this little farmhouse dining room update!! I know this style is becoming quite trendy so why not share some of the ways to add that charm . Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!!

Paige.Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment