Monday, March 7, 2016

{ New Spring Cottage Wall Decor with a Meaning.. }

Heyyy guys!! Happy LATE Monday night..I'm late getting this post out, but it's still here so who cares right?! I mentioned or "hinted" at this new piece in our upper level living room on Instagram earlier & couldn't wait to get this post out!! I picked this awesome piece up at Angels, Saints & Stuff a few days ago & I'm in L O V E! If you're a bit behind in some of my posts I'll quickly fill you in..So I'm a vendor at a local thrift/antique/gallery/vintage etc.. shop down the road from our little suburban cottage. It's the cutest & warmest shop with a mission & half of everything sold goes to charity!!!!!! Okay, let me get back on track again haha..So my sister & I stopped in to drop some more goods off & I spotted this angel as soon as I walked in!! I had been searching for something for an awkward wall & thought this might work..I measured & by measured I mean glanced at it & knew it came up to my bust line { It's huge } & went home to see if it would work & bingo PERFECT!!! I got a bit busy with life & totally forgot about it until a few days later when I was dropping some more treasures off..It was still there & you know I snatched it up & crammed it in my jeep!!! I got it for the bargain price of $21!!! I love how weathered it is, the color & how the warped wings come right off the wall in just the right spots!! Keep reading below to see why this wood angel is so special to me....


I love how fresh & simple this piece is. It's so neutral, yet makes a huge statement on that otherwise awkward wall...P.S. I know that side table  is a bit bare right now..I'm trying to find my natural wood candlesticks which just so happen to have vanished..#bloggerproblems haha



Okay, so I mentioned above that there was a reason I bought this huge angel other than the fact that I love angels in general.. So about 3 year's ago I started seeing the number "111" throughout my day..At first it scared me because it was becoming more then just a coincidence..I finally told my mom & she looked it up & it's actually a sign of angels or manifestations. The crazier part is that my late mother-in-law loved cherubs & angels, and we always have her picture out on display. I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person{ she passed when my husband was just 12 }, but have always felt her presence and have been told I'm like her in more ways than one, and have always thought of her as our guardian angel. It's the perfect place for this angel in our home across from Yolanda's picture. I've said this before, but I most of the time always decorate with pieces that have meaning to me or that I love. I won't or don't just buy pieces that match a certain style or because they're popular etc..This piece is a prime example of this!!!


I love how the wings are warped & float off the wall!! This piece was originally a garden trellis I converted ;). 

 


Most everything in our upstairs living room is authentic vintage or thrifts. I know not many are that lucky to find free vintage or thrift finds, but my family has been into this kind of stuff for years...I only wish it hadn't taken me this long to find a love & appreciation for this "junk"..



I'll be blogging that little side table soon too..It's got a story behind it as well..


The green throw is from +IKEA USA , rug Ikea as well as the black & white striped pillows. The buckets were free finds & the silver stool was my late papa's.. 


I hope you guys liked this little springy post! I love decorating with pieces that have meaning to me & on the cheap!! What do you guys think of this angel? What should  I name her??

Thanks so much for stopping in on my little, but growing practical blog! Feel free to follow our adventures from our rescue dogs, home & just us in general on all my social media outlets below!

 Paige.Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment