The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

{ Cottage Style Mantel Decor / Ideas .. }

Welcome back guys! I wanted to quickly jump on here today to show you guys our updated spring styled cottage mantel with two new junkin pieces we finally hung!!! So back in the winter my husband brought home these two matching cupboard doors & I kinda fell in love!! I knew exactly where I wanted them, but waited until a few days ago to wash & paint them just in time for a little mantel refresher! So I've been going project crazy with these new temps & this was one of them..I first seen this similar project via Pottery Barn, but didn't care for the industrial bar look so I wanted to recreate something more cottage style & lets be honest for WAY CHEAPER, actually this was another free project! I'll be blogging the other big projects soon or sometime next week..but for now I hope you love this little ray of sunshine that's blossomed..I love the spring garden/ cottage feel especially with this glorious weather us Michiganders have been blessed with these past few days. So I'm going to quit talking & let you guys have a peek..& go lay down because my scoliosis back is horrible at the moment! Maybe it's all the painting or projects eeek :) !

I've always struggled with this huge wall in our living room. I love the little rustic fireplace, but always felt weird hanging sconces { I'm not really a fan } or anything for that matter on the sides. I like these faux doors, even though they're not functional, they still give that cozy cottage feel & help fill the space.  

I kept a lot of the stuff the same, like the greenery, but also switched out lots too. I added the lanterns, owls, & new plants on top. Most of the goods were free finds. I wanted it to feel fresh, clean & spring/summery. The LED lanterns were the perfect touch & for only $2 a piece at Family Dollar.



I washed both of these & hit them with some fresh white paint & then with a little black over the cute hinges etc.. I mean it doesn't get simpler than that! 




The little garden trinkets on the fireplace box are from +Michaels Stores  for $3 for a pack. I love the bronzed look & they fit so well with the cottage/garden theme going on.

I hope this little refresher gave you some ideas for your spring/summer mantel. I mean with a few junkin finds, dollar candles & thrifts this is the easiest mantel to construct.  I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday!!!!!

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says it, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger , but I am humble & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the left side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose





09 10