The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

{ Cottage Style 4th of July Mantel & DIY Sign! }

Welcome back everyone!! I'm really excited to share our 2016 Fourth of July mantel & bonus today's post is a double one!! So, I mentioned I would be blogging a little 4th DIY & well I thought why not put them together haha! For some reason I got really into 4th decor this year & decided to decorate our upper level living with some rustic cottage/farmhouse goodies, and even throw in some   C O L O R! Before I share today's post I want to say I'm in noway an artist by any means haha..that would be my BFA sister { I'll be blogging some of her work very shortly for purchase }. Anyways back to it..so I used a stencil for the diy sign, but then went over the lettering for a more "rustic" aged look. The liberty I used a silhouette from online & then just distressed the whole sign. I used some +Wayfair.com  chalk paint from +Walmart  & clear wax to complete this project. Super simple, rustic & thrifty only costing under $10! Come take a peek below at our full mantel & get the rest of the deets on the sign etc..




I decided after I photographed this space that I wanted to add these metal grates behind the crocks..typical me & p.s. they were free from my mom!



The tall topiaries are from +IKEA USA  on sale for $5!! The wood slices were free, the table legs free as well as the crocks & wood sign! The sign was actually a leftover table leaf.


The star I had & just painted & ran some dark wax over & the flowers are from +Michaels Stores



I needed some mini flags to finish this space, so I ended up making some from free printables, bamboo sticks & cardboard I had laying around in a matter of 5 minutes! #free 




I hope you guys liked this rustic & festive 4th decor!! Something about patriotic decor, greenery & rustic accents have me swooning this summer! What do you guys think of all of this? 

Wishing you all a happy & healthy Tuesday!

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says it, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the left side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose
09 10