Wednesday, July 13, 2016

{ DIY Cottage Cabinet Makeover for Under $10!!! }

Hey guys!! Today's post has been one I've been working on for a awhile & I'm finally ready to share this new piece in our living room! So, I've mentioned these past few weeks that right before our little northern getaway for the 4th I decided our upper living room needed a total revamp/ makeover! This included moving the couch, all new wall decor, new mixed in pieces etc.. Well, unexpectedly the day we came back from vacation my husband had to jump right back into work.. { He owns his own business ;) } we were all lagging from just enjoying 4 days of fun..Then he came home with this cabinet & a bunch of other free junkin finds & that threw me right back into " Operation: Get the living room done" hahaah! I spent the next two days painting this orangey oak 3 door cabinet that I literally fell in love with! Here's another little fact about me..I'm obsessed with anything that has french style doors, probably because it's cottagey/farmhousey!  Keep reading below for more details on this huge statement piece in our living room!


You can see from this picture before I started painting that it was an awful early 90's oak.. It need some paint & honestly I was too lazy to go to the store for moreeee paint, so I used what I had on hand. I ended up using a semi gloss Glidden pure white...Yeah, I'll be sticking to chalk paint for pieces like this if we're being honest! I love that chalk paint adheres & dries sooo much quicker etc..just a little tip!


The cabinet itself need some TLC, not only paint wise, but it had no knobs to open the doors properly, one of the shelves was broke a bit, but that was nothing to me because I'm obsessed with it!!


 I picked up 3 new vintage / cottage style knobs from +Hobby Lobby  for under $7!



Most all of the decor minus the farmhouse picture from +HomeGoods  for $25 & some greenery everything else are thrifts or free finds! These old wood glass windows Mark came home with the day of me photographing this piece & they MADE it perfect!!! They add so much rustic charm & height!

 


As I mentioned above the piece needed a few little repairs..The knobs were simple & the second shelf to the far left door I just ended up setting at the bottom of the double doors for some contrast! I loved how we had this wall styled before, but with the sofa & furniture changes the space needed a more statement piece since the living room felt a bit bare.. It just so happened he found this piece waiting for me to make her beautiful hehe! 

Side Note: It does have working lights inside as well. I'll be posting pictures when I get a chance of it at night! Follow along via my social media for new pictures soon! Links listed at the bottom of this post!




You can see what this space in our living room looked like before here on my Instagram account -->The Quaint Sanctuary INSTAGRAM


Yes, I left the chippy smudged paint all around the windows & glass for that farmhouse appeal. I also distressed some spots for that "aged or effortless" look I crave in our home.

See what you can do with trashed pieces?? I mean for under $10 this piece looks custom & vintage! I hope you guys love it as much as we do! 

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says it, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger , but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the left side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment