Wednesday, August 31, 2016

{ DIY Galvanized "Gather" Kitchen Sign }

Hey guys!!! Today's post is going to be a little different at least for me..It's short, simple & well ALL the pictures are from at night!!! Yup, you read that correctly..all at night. I have a little confession to make here on the TQS..our kitchen is the most difficult space to photograph in our home! The light is crazy & not crazy in a good way, so I decided to do something I thought I would never do.. PHOTOGRAPH AT NIGHT!! Just typing that makes me kind of cringe haha. I mean for any blogger that's just kind of a no-no! We strive for light, bright & clear photos, but sometimes that isn't possible in every situation at least for my little practical blog haha! I've been meaning to finish this super simple & rustic DIY for the past week, but you know that thing called "life" gets in the way sometimes so today is the day! 
S u p p l i e s:

  • Chalk paint
  • Scrap wood/solid surface
  • Brush/sponge
  • Letters

D i r e c t i o n s:

  • Wipe wood off
  • Paint with color of choice
  • Distress wood { brillo pad or wire brush } then wax { optional }
  • Position letters
  • Attach letters { nails or 3m } 


I picked these letters up at +Hobby Lobby  after failing at +Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores  & +Michaels Stores . Seriously who would have thought that finding some simple letters would be so hard ?! Anyways I'm glad I ventured out to Hobby Lobby & found these medium galvanized textured tin style letters for under $3 each! 


I used an old wood leaf from a table we had & just painted & distressed it with some +Wayfair.com  chalk paint from +Walmart  in a custom mixed color of Ivory & White! I used some clear Annie Sloan wax to finish it.



You can see that I positioned the letters a bit higher & I did this for a specific reason... I'll be adding something to the bottom soon ;) !





I hope you guys liked this simple DIY! I've recently been loving the galvanized, whites & blacks mixed in with brown & greens. As you can see I've been muting the larger pieces in the dining room & really went out of my comfort zone with the "modern cottage" style rug -->NEW RUG INFO.  This sign was so easy, affordable & I think I'll love it for the upcoming seasons! 

Wishing you all a happy & healthy Wednesday!


As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says something like this, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the right side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment