The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

{ DIY Living Room Lantern Style Chandelier for Under $20! }

Welcome back guys & happy Wednesday! It's been almost a week since I blogged which for all you who follow my blog shenanigans know that's not like me since I usually blog full-time. Sometimes things in life suck {if we're being honest} & it takes time to get "back on track" or try to. I took few day's off, but I'm picking back up today with something super simple that we added in our living room a month or so ago that made great impact & bonus it was on the cheap! I've always been a chandelier type of person because I feel like they anchor a space & bring in some fun in as well! We had a traditional/ thrifty chandelier in our living room before, but decided to put that one in our master { blog post soon}, so naturally I needed something to anchor our sectional /sitting area in our living room...but what?! I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new chandelier so while at +IKEA USA  I spotted this huge metal lantern for $14.99!! I got a simple black chain from the local hardware store & decided to see how it looked in our living room.. I knew right when I hung it I loved it!!!! It's the perfect simple, industrial/cottage/farmhouse mix & the size was great for the space! 

Ikea offers two sizes in the lanterns, ours is the larger one!


Side Note: I'm sorry these pictures are a bit dark..Our Michigan weather was a bit gloomy today, but I wanted to share with you guys!


I love how large this lantern is & that's it metal. The door is super cute on the front & I'm excited to play around with it for Christmas etc.. Thinking some cute greenery like the ones hanging in our lower level would be cute?!





This picture is a bit deceiving. The lantern is actually quite a bit larger in person, but I wanted to give a full look at the living room! I'll be blogging the sectional & that wall  behind here soon { work in progress } with some new pieces etc..


I hope you guys liked this short little post! Let me know what you guys think of this take on a traditional chandelier down below!

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says it, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger , but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the left side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose


09 10