Tuesday, August 9, 2016

{ Using Old Frames As Cottage Style Mantel Decor..}

Welcome back everyone! I hope your Monday was great & hopefully productive..Mine was anything but that thanks to a little head cold & just a blah day..Yup, I have those days too..eek! Anyways one thing I DID get done today was to photograph our light & bright fireplace mantel using some old junkin free frames I had stockpiled haha!! I mentioned via my social media the last few weeks that I've been craving more airy & bright spaces & that's just what I did with our cozy fireplace mantel! I think I might be trying to hold on to our Michigan summer by keeping it light & airy. This summer has flown by & I'm kind of sad we haven't had the chance to enjoy it other than two small vacations...That's life I guess when you're an entrepreneur... Sit back with some sweet tea & see our super simple & thrifty mantel using these free frames!!


I had a bunch of frames from different projects that were "deconstructed" & me being the hoarder of all things decor I decided to keep them ALL haha! I realized I had too many & they would be nice as some simple & free art for summer on the mantel & well I kinda love it!!


Another random fact about me is that I reuse the same items in our house in different locations probably 100x before selling or donating!! This plays into that "practical blogger" part! Lets face it not everyone can keep buying new decor constantly & if you look at our fireplace mantel I switch & rotate things out all the time, but for different occasions & even seasons with the same goods! Stay tuned I'm sure these frames will be making an appearance somewhere else in our little suburban cottage soon..;)


Another thing I do when "refreshing" a space is to just switch out certain items, but not the whole setup etc.. For example I switched out the side table that holds the basket of pillows & added a lighter gray/white check pillow instead of the previous grain sack one.. Simple touches to an already loved space can refresh it that much!!


The rustic gray candle holders actually have glass for the candle part, but my clumsy self broke one, so I decided to just use them as is. The white milk-glass candle holders were free thrifts. The mason jars are from +Target  & the flowers from +Hobby Lobby .



What do you guys think about this little fresh mantel using these free frames? Super easy peasy right?! I hope you liked this refresh for summer! Happy Tuesday!!

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says something like this, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the left side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment