Monday, September 19, 2016

{ DIY Fall Chalkboard Tray Wreath }

Hey everyone!! I hope you guys had a lovely weekend...We didn't do much & quite frankly snuggled  & slept a lot to be honest! This year has been full of ups & downs and this weekend threw a few curve balls for my OCD self... When I get into those funks I need something to distract me from the OCD, so I took on a little project!! My sister & I had a little "crafting" session & you guys know for me I'm not much into crafts other than once or twice a year haha..I had an old tray laying around in our "treasure" pile again & had white washed it with some scrap paint a few months back & just kind of left it there..I decided to add some chalkboard paint to it & make a little "wreath" out of it! I had some fall swag beading from last year I got from +Michaels Stores  & it made for a perfect rustic, yet whimsical boarder!! This project cost under $15 & about an hours time! Come see this cute little project just in time for fall!!

S u p p l i e s: 

  • Chalkboard paint
  • Brush/ Sponge brush
  • Tray { any one will do }
  • Greenery/Leaves/twine etc..
  • Painters tape 
  • Chalk
I n s t r u c t i o n s:

Paint your tray whatever color you want or leave as is. Section off  a square inside the tray { you could paint the whole inside too } & paint with chalkboard paint. I used two coats & then seasoned the area { chalk entire surface & wipe clean}. After everything is dry take your greenery or twin & wrap around the perimeter & through the handles etc.. Super simple & festive!!


I decided to style it in our lower level for now..Stay Tuned!!  I love this chippy old green chair too..another free find & the two just went so well I couldn't pass them up haha!


Loving the pop of color down in our lower level. My sister & I just had a conversation about our lower level that left me confused haah..So usually people gather downstairs in the warmer months, but nope not us..We always seem to flock to our lower level starting in September all the way through the holidays..maybe because it's so cozy & we're hibernating hehe ?!

**The pumpkins are from +Hobby Lobby 


- F A L L is for LOVERS - 



This tray is a bit thicker, but just about any tray will work. If you're planning on hanging it on the door be sure it's slender enough to fit!



What do you guys think about this thrifty little DIY project? I'm loving the simplicity & festive look! Wishing you all a happy & healthy week!

HAPPY MONDAY!

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says something like this, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the right side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment