Wednesday, October 12, 2016

{ Masculine Vintage Office/ Den using Thrifty Finds!! }

Okay today is one of those posts that I've debated on posting because it isn't "perfect". This is one of those things I struggle with the most...So today while my mom was over she popped in to our bedroom in the back of the house to see  yesterday's post in person & while walking by my husband's office she mentioned how "cute" I mean masculine it looked..I kind of shrugged it off & said Yaa...BUT it's not finished!! I kinda of stopped & thought " when will it be finished" aka perfect?! I decided it's time to stop with that thinking & just blog it how it looks in the now!!! Our home is real & not just for show, so today I'm sharing his thrifty vintage style office as it is as of right now! I had a particular theme/style I was going for with his new office & it pretty bunch came together, well so far the way I had planned out! If you've been following the blog you would know my husband started his own business after being in the home/maintenance field for nearly 10 years...We started out with a little nook in our laundry room here:Office Nook , but since it grew these past 9 months we moved it upstairs into one of our spare rooms! 




I started off by adding this vintage stool/shop chair because something about it just screamed "manly" haha! The glass window is vintage & I just used some leftover chalkboard paint to write o f f i c e on it. I was going for the classic 1930's vintage cozy office feel. I love the wood color & overall charm of it! The desk was actually mine that I used for a vanity for awhile! I ended up giving it a little cream/white paint dusting & then distressed the edges in brown!



The filing cabinet was a thrifty find ..You can see what we did with the other one here:DIY Bedroom Garment Organizer The rocker is from my great grandpa , the books are vintage & the clock was a wedding gift from my late aunt.



The office organizers are from +Target  & the wood crate below was a free junkin find. 

Side Note: The glass case has his reading glasses, the ones that are out are from a trip & we found them while snorkeling.. hence the dirty lenses hehe




Now that I'm looking at these pictures I actually think it looks pretty decent so far.. A few more touches & it should be good! I'm thinking of adding a few distressed leather pillows & maybe a new cozy chair for him?! Stay tuned for more updates!!! What do you guys think of this vintage manly office/den update??

Happy Thursday! 
As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says something like this, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the right side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment