The Quaint Sanctuary

The Quaint Sanctuary

Thursday, January 5, 2017

{ Cottage Style Simple & Cozy Winter Decor Sneak Peek, Ideas & Announcement..}

Welcome back to TQS, I sincerely hope you all are having a lovely start into the New Year!  Talking about the New Year etc.. like I said in a previous post isn't really my thing, so today I'm sharing what I've been up to in our little cozy suburban cottage as far as winter decor goes!! I'm going to be sharing each room individually soon & then blogging my first full - WINTER HOME TOUR - after, but today I wanted to check in with you guys & throw out some simple ideas since this is the week that most are pitching the Christmas & getting back to regular seasonal decor! I always seem to go with extra cozy & warm decor after Christmas to kind of warm the house up & fill in the bare spots Christmas decor left! Adding extra fresh pine greenery all over is definitely one of my favorites! Come take a little sneak peek at some spaces I decorated for this winter season below!



I just added a smaller more wintery wreath to our barn door divider & added some new chalkboard writing..Stay tuned for another little DIY that might be added to this door! The wreath is from +Michaels Stores  a few years back on clearance! I added the little white ribbon bow!


I just love this little DIY hutch of ours! It's one of my most favorite pieces to decorate with because it's so simple & styles perfectly! I honestly didn't do much but add some thrift store rustic pines my sister picked up, added some glassware & of course a few vintage goods! I'll be showing the full hutch soon! 


This is probably my most favorite space to show you guys! It's our lower level aka family room & it came together so nicely after Christmas! It's simple, super rustic & cozy, and YESSSS I left our big tree up bare with just white lights on! Truth be told I actually love the tree not lit even more down in this space! The simple rustic semi flocked look makes the space super wintery & cozy next to the little fireplace!


I kept the antique plate wall because I love the wording on the sign { close up soon } for the New Year & the plates are passed down from my gram & the gold trim looks so wintery!! I added the tan & dark blue check runner & just some old crocks for now...


I'll be showcasing this super neutral upstairs living room fireplace on the tour as well! You can see more inspiration for winter here HERE


What do you guys think about these wintery touches I've added so far? 
Be sure to check back in for each room individually blogged & then our 2017 Winter Home Tour!

Happy FRIDAY!!! 

As always THANK YOU for stopping in on my little growing blog. I know everyone says something like this, but I honestly appreciate each of you for sharing my posts, commenting etc....I'm not the biggest or most popular blogger, but I am humble, real & practical ,and  hopefully helpful or inspiring in someway :). 
***You can find me here for updates & more ,or SUBSCRIBE on the right side of my blog for FREE & direct updates right to your mail...
Paige.Rose







09 10